Magnesium Glycinate Effervescent tablets
Your Answer to Magnesium Deficiency
Due to poor lifestyle and environmental factors, supplementation has become key in our daily lives. One supplement that stand out above the rest is magnesium; essential for optimal functioning in our day-to-day lives. Annique introduces the new Magnesium Glycinate effervescent tablets to help you achieve just that.
Did you know?
According to the World Health Organisation, 75% of South Africans only consume half of the required daily amount of magnesium.
What makes Magnesium Glycinate so beneficial?
Magnesium glycinate is a popular choice of Magnesium due to it being easily absorbed by the body.
Magnesium glycinate contains glycine. Glycine is an amino acid, what makes this amino acid quiet special is that it works synergistically with the neurotransmitters in our brains. Some information shows that magnesium glycinate can help promote neurotransmitters like GABA, which can make you feel calmer and help improve your sleep. But that’s not the only thing magnesium glycinate is good for. It may also lower inflammation and improve your blood sugar levels.
The lowdown on magnesium deficiency
You could be suffering from magnesium deficiency without even knowing it. Unfortunately, magnesium deficiency is globally widespread due to poor lifestyle choices, diet and environmental factors. Our soil, for example, is farmed to the point that is depleted of magnesium.
A number of factors can lead to magnesium deficiency including:
- Gastrointestinal diseases, such as irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, celiac disease and ulcerative colitis
- High thyroid hormone levels
- Kidney disease
- Prescription drugs used to treat acid reflux or peptic ulcers
- Diuretics that assist with water retention
- Drinking too much coffee, fizzy drinks or alcohol
- Eating too much salt
- Heavy menstrual periods
Magnesium deficiency can also result in a number of illnesses including:
- Poor mental performance
- Muscle spasm
Difference between magnesium citrate in OptiCalMag and new Magnesium Glycinate:
Magnesium citrate in OptiCalMag Magnesium Glycinate Bioavailable One of the most bioavailable and absorbable forms of magnesium Great for people suffering from constipation due to its laxative effect Works alongside many neurotransmitters like GABA which brings about feelings of calm Great for preventing migraine Helps with stress relief, insomnia, anxiety and more OptiCalMag contains 343mg magnesium providing 55mg elemental magnesium Magnesium glycinate contains 1100mg magnesium that provides 200ml of elemental magnesium Forever Healthy OptiCalMag Forever Healthy Magnesium Glycinate Combination of Calcium and Magnesium Citrate Combination of Magnesium and Glycine Easy on the stomach Easy on the stomach Contains Vitamin D3 & E essential for bone, heart and arterial Magnesium and Glycine or important for neurotransmitter production as well as insulin and cortisol balance OptiCalMag builds and maintains strong bones, hair, nails and skin Contains much more magnesium than OptiCalMag to assist with insomnia, stress, blood sugar control, depression, PMS and much More
- Relieves anxiety
- Promotes bone health
- Manages blood sugar in people with diabetes and may lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- Maintains normal heart rhythms
- Reduces symptoms of premenstrual syndrome
- Amplifies exercise performance
- Everyone, most people have a severe deficiency
- People who battle to take magnesium supplement capsules or tables – easy to swallow
- People with following conditions:
- Fibromyalgia, according to a study published in Rheumatology International
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, according to a study in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Risk of stroke, heart failure and diabetes, according to a study published in the journal of BMC Medicine
Directions for use
- Dissolve one tablet in a glass of water.
- Take in the morning, on an empty stomach, at least 1-2 hours before a meal.
Is Magnesium Glycinate safe during pregnancy?
There is no research suggesting that magnesium can adversely affect your or baby. However it is still recommended that a health care practitioner be consulted before taking this supplement.
Can children take Magnesium Glycinate?
If your child is not consuming enough dark, leafy green vegetables then you can supplement their diets with half an effervescent tablet from the age of 8